We are a company registered in The United Kingdom (registration number 12112060) under the name Pocket Memories Ltd; the address of our registered office is Suite 3, 103 Warren Court, Park Road, Crowborough, East Sussex TN6 2QX.
When you access and move around Pocket Memories, register an Account with Pocket Memories or purchase a Product from Pocket Memories, we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
- username and password;
- name, date of birth, age and sex;
- billing and delivery addresses, email address and phone number(s);
- Payment Method (typically credit card or debit card) details;
- your Images and other User Content;
- correspondence with and from Pocket Memories;
- your preferences about receiving communications from Pocket Memories;
- information about your use of our website and your browsing and online purchasing activities; and details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity.
- information about your use of our mobile applications and your in-app purchasing activities; and details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity.
- We may also collect some of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
In order to take advantage of some of our Services, you may need to supply us with the personal details of a third party (for example, their name and address if you wish to send a Product to them as a gift). We will not use this information for anything other than providing the Services for which the information was supplied.
We may disclose your first name and last name, to selected third parties, including but not limited to Print Service Providers (“PSP”) who will physically produce the products that you have ordered and deliver them. The purpose of this is so that a record may be kept by the third parties of who has purchased from them and where to deliver them to. It is a condition of your use of our Services that you agree to this disclosure of this data.
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to and processed by our subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and other data processors acting under contract with us.
When you sign up to Pocket Memories and agree to our terms and conditions, we need to process certain data that allows Pocket Memories Ltd:
- to provide the Pocket Memories service to you in accordance with our agreement;
- to create personalized Products selected by you;
- to associate your Account, and your Product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity;
- if you elect to store an encrypted Payment Method with us, to associate that Payment Method with you when you place an order;
- to tailor aspects of Pocket Memories (including its search function and offers) to you;
- to process payments you make for Products;
- to pass your Product order for fulfilment by PSPs engaged by us;
- to provide customer support and improve your customer experience;
- to contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS), Email, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Chat, Phone calls and “push” notification) in relation to the products or services you have purchased.
If you’ve told us it’s OK (or unless you’ve asked us not to after a purchase), we would like to contact you to provide information about products or services we think might interest you. You may withdraw this consent at any time.
For marketing and business reasons we will also process your data for customer satisfaction and customer experience improvement purposes, such as by analyzing data we hold about you, and combining it with data held by third parties, in order to discern your interests, demography and other factors, and in consequence to offer goods and services that are likely to have the greatest value to you. We would also use this data in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crimes.
If you elect to store a Payment Method with us, that Payment Method will not in fact be stored by Pocket Memories Ltd itself, but instead it will be stored by a payment service provider under contract with us. The storing payment service provider will be required to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Note that, when using a stored Payment Method to make payment for your Pocket Memories order, certain techniques will be used to assist in maintaining the security of the details of your stored Payment Method. For example, not all of the payment card number will be visible to you (typically, all except the final four digits will be masked), and you will be required to provide certain information (such as, but not limited to, a CV2 card security number) in order to proceed with using that Payment Method. To remove or change a stored Payment Method, please follow the procedures specified on the Pocket Memories Site or App, or contact our customer services team.
If you are asked to provide a phone number for a Product you are ordering, note that the phone number may need to be provided to the deliverer of your order – and (unless you specifically opt not to permit this) will appear on your order’s packaging – to assist with the delivery process. If you do not wish your phone number to be used in this way, then please do not provide a phone number when placing your order.
We automatically collect anonymous information about your use of the site and/or app by Pocket Memories. For example, we may automatically log which parts of Pocket Memories you access, which web browser you deploy and the website from which you linked to Pocket Memories. You cannot and will not be identified from any of this information. It enables us to compile statistics about the use of Pocket Memories, and to help target aspects of Pocket Memories and advertising to you more accurately.
We will not disclose any of your personal data, other than to subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and data processors (including deliverers and PSPs) under contract with us. To enable us to provide our service, we share data with the following categories of organisations:
- Software services companies;
- payment processing companies;
- manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers;
- Print service providers;
- Print network companies;
- delivery and courier services;
- fraud prevention companies;
- advertising and marketing services companies;
- other companies in the Pocket Memories Ltd group. Should companies join or leave the group, this notice will be updated to reflect the new group structure.
We will not share your data with any other categories of organisation without your permission unless:
- we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
- we are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of Pocket Memories Ltd’s business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Pocket Memories Ltd, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Pocket Memories Ltd about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
If you’ve told us it’s OK (or unless you’ve asked us not to after a purchase), we will send you information about other products and services. These emails and mobile communications (such as “push” notifications) provide you with information about offers, new Products and other things that we think may interest you or Pocket Memories customers generally. You can change your preferences on the “My Account” section of your account or using the link provided on an email, unsubscribe to such emails and also prevent receipt of “push” notification messaging alerts by turning off the push function on your mobile device.
We use advertising and marketing services companies to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing preferences or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
We may also send you emails to remind you of a credit that’s about to expire, photos you haven’t used, book projects you’ve left in your basket or following a purchase. You can opt out of these emails using the link provided.
We may transfer personal data that we collect from you to third party data processors located in countries that are outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and to other Pocket Memories Ltd group companies in connection with the above purposes. Please be aware that countries outside the EEA may not offer the same level of data protection as EEA; however, we always require that third party data processors deal with your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice. Any transfers are done in accordance with the standards laid down by the EU Commission and/or decisions of the European Court of Justice.
Subject to certain limits under California law, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the Contact Us section below.
As noted, this is a United Kingdom focused web site. The Sites and/or Apps are not directed to users outside of The United Kingdom and are administered from The United Kingdom. Information provided through the Pocket Memories websites and/or applications may be uploaded to a cloud using servers and IT resources located in the EEA, the USA or the nearest data centers closest to The United Kingdom, optimized for maximum data connection speed. By providing information to Pocket Memories, you consent to the transfer, processing and/or use of the information through the Internet and through computing and storage appliances that may be physically located outside of The United Kingdom. In the event you utilize this site and/or app from outside of the The United Kingdom, you consent to the uploading of any information to a cloud and the transfer of the information to The United Kingdom
If you have not logged into your account for 3 years, your personal details and any photos will be deleted. We retain other minimal data for tax, anti-fraud and other purposes in accordance with our data retention policy.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) you have a number of rights you can exercise over your data. Your rights are:
- the right to receive a copy of your data free of charge (known as a Subject Access Request);
- the right to receive certain data in an electronic format that can be given to another provider (a portability request);
- the right to have data corrected if it is inaccurate;
- the right to ask us to stop processing or object to processing under certain circumstances;
- the right to ask us to erase data in certain circumstances;
- the right to withdraw consent at any time when that is the legal basis for our processing.
To discuss any of these rights, please contact email@example.com.
Pocket Memories Ltd has designated a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted by email or by post at our registered office.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection regulator of The United Kingdom. To find out who is the relevant Data Protection regulator in The United Kingdom, check this website: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_data_protection_authority.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies.
We employ significant technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. We believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We have security measures in place to protect our database of Users and access to this database is restricted internally. However, there are things we can all do to help stay safe and secure online:
- ensure no-one else uses Pocket Memories through your Account;
- log off or exit from your Account when not using it;
- keep your password or other access information secret;
- use different passwords for different services you use online;
- ensure you’re using the most up-to-date versions of your software.
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your Account or Payment Method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on LAST UPDATED. Please check back regularly to keep informed of changes to this notice.
If you would like to contact us about any aspect of this Privacy Notice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computing device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your device’s local storage.
To make full use of Pocket Memories services and to benefit from certain personalized features, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to be set up to accept cookies. The Pocket Memories website (like many other shopping websites) will not work when cookies are blocked.
The list below details the cookies used on Pocket Memories websites and online properties. We have outlined who sets these cookies and their purpose.
OpenCart cookies are essential as they enable you to move around a website whilst shopping and use its features, such as accessing the shopping cart checkout and using discount coupons and free shipping vouchers. The information collected through these cookies is only used for this purpose and is never shared or sold on to third parties.
cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Here’s how to do it:
- In the settings menu, select ‘show advanced settings’ at the bottom of the page.
- Select the ‘content settings’ button in the privacy section.
- The top section of the page that then appears tells you about cookies and allows you to set the cookies you want. It also allows you to clear any cookies currently stored.
- In the tools menu, select ‘options’ (MAC users, go to the Firefox menu & select ‘preferences’)
- Select the privacy tab in the options box.
- From the dropdown choose ‘use custom settings for history’. This will bring up the options for cookies and you can choose to enable or disable them by clicking the tickbox.
Internet Explorer 6+
- In the tools menu, select ‘Internet options’.
- Click the privacy tab.
- You will see a privacy settings slider which has six settings that allow you to control the number of cookies that will be placed: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
- In the settings menu / Safari menu, select the ‘preferences’ option.
- Open the privacy tab.
- Select the option you want from the ‘block cookies’ section.
All other browsers
- For information on how to manage cookies via other browsers, please consult your documentation or online help files.
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general Pocket Memories may not operate properly if cookies are turned off or disabled. In particular, note that you may be prevented from making purchases of Products if cookies are disabled.